Special Election --- November 10, 2015
All qualified electors residing within the municipal limits of the City of Cheyenne can vote in the Special Election. The purpose of the Election is to vote on whether or not the ordinance establishing the position of city administrator and exempting the City of Cheyenne from certain state laws should take effect. If passed, the City Council will be authorized to hire a city administrator and modify the duties of the elected mayor.
For this election, a total of nine (9) Vote Centers will be open from 7:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
Any qualified voter may vote or register and vote at any of the following locations:
- David Romero Youth Activity and Community Center -- 1317 Parsley Boulevard
- Storey Gym --- 2811 House Avenue
- Cheyenne-Kiwanis Community House – 4603 Lions Park Drive
- Cheyenne Berean Church – 5716 Powderhouse Road
- North Christian Church – 2015 Tranquility Road
- Cheyenne Alliance Church – 5200 Ridge Road
- First Congregational Church – 3501 Forest Drive
- VFW #1881 – 2816 E. 7th Street
- Cheyenne Hills Church – 7505 U.S. Highway 30
There will be NO absentee polling place for this election. However, voters may request that an absentee ballot be mailed to them by calling 633-4242 and providing the following information:
legal name, date of birth, residential address.
City Precinct Map
County Precinct Map
View a demonstration of how to vote on a touch screen
Polling Place Search
To conduct a search type in your house address only. For example, if your address is 123 Main Street, you would type in only 123.
Voter Registration Information
The State of Wyoming is exempt from the National Voter Registration Act commonly known as "motor voter." There is no voter registration available at the Drivers License Division of the Department of Transportation or at any other state agency.
Voters may register at the office of the County Clerk or any Town Clerk (Pine Bluffs, Albin, and Burns). To register to vote in Laramie County, a person must meet the following qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age on Election Day
- Must be a resident of Laramie County and the precinct in which you register
- Must withdraw voter registration from any other jurisdiction, if applicable
- Must not be a convicted felon or adjudicated mentally incompetent
- Must present a valid photo i.d.
Persons who meet the above qualifications may also register to vote at the polls on Primary and General Election Days.