County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests

Most Common Questions


How Do I Change the Name on My Title Due to a Divorce:
  • If you have possession of the title and the other owner is willing, both parties can sign the back of the title as sellers, having their signatures notarized.
  • The title can then be issued in the name of the party who was awarded the vehicle in the divorce settlement.
  • If you do not have possession of the title or the other party is not willing to sign as seller, present a certified copy of the divorce decree, including the property settlement provisions, when applying for a title.
  • The year, make and vehicle identification number of the vehicle must be specified in the divorce decree.