County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Election Results
Election History
Campaign Finance Reports
Campaign Finance Reports - General Election
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests

Most Common Questions


How Do I Get a Salvage Title if My Vehicle Has Been Declared a "Total Loss":

When a motor vehicle is declared a total loss by an insurance company or is damaged to the point where repairs would exceed 75% of the actual retail cash value, the owner or insurance company must get a title branded "salvage" from the county clerk. This does not apply to vehicles that are more than 8 years old or to commercial vehicles with a gross vehicle weight of more than 26,000 pounds.

The vehicle cannot be transferred to another owner before the current owner (or insurance company) gets the salvage title. To get a salvage title, you will need:

  • The current Wyoming Certificate of Title signed by the seller(s) with his signature notarized.
  • A letter from the insurance company stating the vehicle is a total loss or an estimate for repairs that shows the cost to repair would exceed 75% of the retail value of the vehicle.