County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests

Most Common Questions


How Do I Get a Vehicle Identification Number for a Homemade Trailer or Kit Car:

All vehicles must have an identification number before a title can be issued. If the vehicle you have is a homemade trailer, a kit car, or one that has been restored or rebuilt using parts that include the vehicle identification number from a different vehicle, you will be required to get a state assigned VIN number from the Wyoming Department of Transportation. To get the title, you need to:

  • Complete the application for assignment of special vehicle identification number and submit it to the Wyoming Department of Transportation
  • The Wyoming Department of Transportation will give you a number and instructions on how to put the number on the trailer or vehicle.
  • Once the number has been placed on the vehicle, it needs to be inspected by a law enforcement officer.
  • Bring the inspection form to the county clerk's office to receive a title.