County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests

Most Common Questions


Vehicle Located Out of State:

When a Wyoming resident purchases a vehicle out of state while on an extended vacation, away at school or on active duty and needs to obtain a title and license plates, the process can be completed through the mail. You will need to mail:

  • Original manufacturer's certificate (or statement) or origin signed by the dealer (signature must be notarized) or the certificate of title signed by the sellers according to the laws of the state that issued the title
  • The odometer disclosure on the title must be properly completed or a separate odometer statement must be presented with the title (not required if the model year of the vehicle is more than 10 years old)
  • A vehicle identification number inspection completed by local law enforcement or, if you are a member of the military, a commissioned officer
  • The application portion of the vehicle identification number inspection form signed with your signature notarized
  • If you financed the vehicle, a copy of the financing statement or security agreement
  • All necessary fees.