County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests

Most Common Questions


Brand New Vehicle Bought From a Dealer:

A new vehicle comes with a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO) or Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO). A licensed dealer can assign ownership to the buyer by signing the back side of the MSO and having his signature notarized. If the dealer's signature is not notarized, state law requires that it be rejected.

In most cases, the dealer will forward your paperwork to our office. If you are financing the purchase, your paperwork may come from your bank or credit union. When we receive your paperwork, we will send you a letter notifying you to come to the office to sign the application for title. You will need to bring photo identification with you.

If the dealer or lender gives you the paperwork, you will need to bring the following documents to our office:

  • The original MSO signed by the dealer (signature must be notarized)
  • The Sales/Use Tax form if purchased from a Wyoming dealer
  • The odometer disclosure on the MSO properly completed