County Clerk Home
Clerk to Commissioners
Motor Vehicle Titles
Marriage Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses
Other Permits and Licenses Forms
Recording/Real Estate
Records Center
Public Records Requests

Most Common Questions


Used Vehicle Bought From a Wyoming Dealer:

To transfer the title of a previously–owned vehicle which is currently titled in the state of Wyoming, you will need the following:

  • Original Wyoming title signed by all parties whose names appear on the front of the title. If the names on the title read John and Jane Doe, John or Jane Doe or John and/or Jane Doe, both people have to sign the title and have their signatures notarized
  • Make certain that any liens noted on the front of the Wyoming title have been released by the County Clerk or the seller must give you a lien release or termination statement from the bank, credit union or private lien holder
  • The odometer disclosure on the title must be property completed or a separate odometer statement must be presented with the title (not required if the model year of the vehicle is more than 10 years old)
  • A Wyoming sales and use tax form. This is not required when the vehicle is purchased from an out of state dealer or an individual.
  • Be prepared to provide photo identification, if necessary